So You Think You Can Edit Edit
Well of course you can! Just do it. If you see erroneous information, fix it. If you see a typo, fix it. If you have enormous swathes of information to add, go right ahead. You can also check out the Community-Corner to see how else you can help out.
All edits are subject to review and can possibly be rolled back, but all edits are immediate.
General Guidelines Edit
- Maintain proper grammar and spelling
- Always portray information as accurately as possible.
- If information is nonexistent but you have something to add, and maybe it's not 100% certain, leave a comment on the article. An admin or moderator will notice.
- Avoid profane language and slang.
- Try to consistently follow the Language Guidelines so as to maintain some standard nomenclature across the wiki.
Language Guidelines Edit
See Kingdom Wiki Language Guidelines for information on topics like the names chosen for game elements, as well as style preferences for articles.
Redirecting Pages Edit
- Redirects exist primarily to maintain old links to a page which has moved.
- Set the first line on the page to
#redirect [[Target Page Name]]To edit an already existing redirect page, you may need to type the URL manually into your web browser, adding the parameter
?action=editto the end.
These are only really usable while editing in source mode (
), but they open a lot of possibilities for the standard wiki editor.
| ||classic||Used to mark information that only applies to classic Kingdom: Classic within a body of text or an infobox.|
| ||classic Kingdom: Classic||Same as above, but also inserts the game name, that links to its page on the wiki.|
| ||newlands||Used to mark information that only applies to newlands Kingdom: New Lands within a body of text or an infobox.|
| ||newlands Kingdom: New Lands||Same as above, but also inserts the game name, that links to its page on the wiki.|
| ||skullisland||Used to mark information that only applies to DLC skullisland Skull Island within a body of text or an infobox.|
| ||twocrowns||Will be used in the future once twocrowns Kingdom: Two Crowns is released.|
| ||twocrowns Kingdom: Two Crowns||Same as above, but also inserts the game name, that links to its page on the wiki.|
| ||coin||For any time you feel you need a coin within a body of text or an infobox. See Vendors and Tools for an example.|
Notice Boards Edit
These are large notices to be inserted usually at the very beginning of articles. For reading on its usage, see Template:Notice/doc.