Behavior and RecruitmentEdit
They can be recruited at any time by dropping a single coin nearby, which they will run to and pick up. Once recruited, they turn into a villager and remain such until given a job as an archer, builder, farmer, knight, pikeman or ninja. Villagers can be turned back into vagrants if they are attacked by the Greed, after which they slowly return back to their camp, where they will slowly despawn if there are more than two of them at once.
Vagrants can be attracted to the inner Kingdom by buying bread at a Bakery. After certain amount of time since they spawn, they'll run towards the bakery. It doesn't matter how far the camp is, it applies to all of them as long as there is bread, which they'll keep eating until it runs out, unless they get recruited.
Vagrant camps are naturally generated structures in the forest where vagrants spawn. They can only exist in the forest biome, and if the vagrant camp has a buffer of a single tree on either side, it can remain in existence (even if you build walls beyond it). If either tree is cut down, the area is zoned as plains biome and the camp will disappear.
After a vagrant is recruited away, it takes about half a day to respawn. Camps continue to spawn vagrants as long as there are fewer than two. Usually the number does not exceed that at any given camp, but upon the world's generation camps can potentially spawn with three or four vagrants.
- When either tree to the sides of a vagrant camp are removed, the camp disappears and vagrants stop spawning. Expanding past a vagrant camp is only recommended if better opportunities lie beyond.
- Unlike the Kingdom's townspeople, vagrants are completely ignored by the Greed. If monsters come nearby, vagrants freeze in place and return to their routine only after enemies move far away.
- When all of a camp's vagrants are recruited, it can be useful to leave an extra coin on the ground. If a new vagrant spawns before the coin disappears, they can pick it up and join the Kingdom, saving a trip to the camp.
- Two Crowns v.1.0.0 and 1.0.1 (PC and N.Switch) | GAME BREAKING BUG – Vagrant camps spawn invisible unrecruitable vagrants that do not accept coins but eat all the bread from bakeries. There is no fix and no workaround for now. Bug also known as "No Vagrants", "Invisible Vagrants", "Disappearing Bread", "Vanishing Bread", "Haunted Bakery" or "Bread Bug".
- ↑ Other names include beggars, homeless, lost souls, nomads, tramps, vagabonds, wanderers, etc.
- ↑ Disappearing/vanishing bread
Bread at bakery just disappears into thin air and no new vagrants spawn ( , and – on video: ).
Vagrants don't spawn ( , and ). Invisible peasants ( , and ). And devs .
Extra – some funny assumptions: " " and " ". , , , , , , , , , – on video: ).
|Kingdom Wiki Pages|
|Knights||The Financier / Banker||The Merchant||Hermits|
|Town Center (Tax Chest)||Walls||Towers||Farms|
|Tools / Weapons Shops||Siege Workshop & Catapult||Forge||The Boat|
|Stone Technology||Iron Technology||Ruins||Signpost|
|Small Portal||Dock Portal||Cliff Portal||The Cave|