The pouch is where the monarch keeps their coins. The pouch fills up as the monarch picks up coins and empties when coins are dropped, showing the monarch's precise coin count at all times.
At the start of their reign the monarch has an empty pouch, while in Kingdom: New Lands the monarch bring with them the coins they had when leaving the previous island. The coins in the pouch can be different colors, but they all function as normal gold coins when removed.
The coin pouch can comfortably hold up to about 40 coins, becoming "full". However, it is possible to overfill the pouch, making the capacity effectively about 50 coins. Coins picked up while overfilling are increasingly likely to slip off the overflowing pile, falling onto the ground or into the river irretrievably.
A monarch with an overflowing pouch has a number of options to consider:
- They can run past subjects in order to not let them stop and deliver coins.
- They can spend the coins right away on good investments such as building walls or paying statues.
- They can drop a few coins to archers or farmers for temporary safekeeping (In Kingdom: Classic villagers and builders do not give back more than two coins although picking up more, while in New Lands they don't pick up more than two coins).
- They can drop coins outside the outer walls to have fewer attacking greedlings that night.
- In New Lands, they can give as many coins as they wish to the Banker for safekeeping.
- ↑ Also called bag or purse.
|Kingdom Wiki Pages|
|Knights||The Financier / Banker||The Merchant||Hermits|
|Town Center (Tax Chest)||Walls||Towers||Farms|
|Tools / Weapons Shops||Siege Workshop & Catapult||Forge||The Boat|
|Stone Technology||Iron Technology||Ruins||Signpost|
|Small Portal||Dock Portal||Cliff Portal||The Cave|