This is a list of patch notes for Kingdom Two Crowns.
Players experiencing bugs are advised to report them on Service Desk.or on the dev's
Posting bugs here does not mean you reported the bug the dev's might once in a blue moon look a the wiki but they mainly focus on the reports from the Service Desk.
Patch 1.1.14 wason December 10, 2021. As the first update after Norse Lands and the big changes of the Conquest Update, there were changes made based on community feedback:
Norse Lands balance changes
- Norse Lands Bankers now have extended working hours.
- The tree in the Norse Lands vagrant camp has sadly died and been cut down.
- Monarchs can now pay for shield walls during the day, allowing for preparation for the night's attack.
- Reduced the cost for recruiting berserkers and berserker leaders from 6/8 coins to 3/4 coins.
- Berserkers run faster, jump attack in combat, and have more hit points.
- Berserkers heal to full health after combat is over.
- The day 30 blood moon in Norse Lands is now a smaller attack focused on the introduction of the crusher greed.
- The winters of Norse Lands are proving too harsh for the Greed. Wave strength no longer increases during the first two winters.
- The crusher greed will now retreat if there are no other greed on the map, in order to prevent certain scenarios where the player could get soft-locked.
General balance changes
- Reduced the cost for recruiting citizens at the citizen house from 7 to 5 coins.
- Builders now walk back to the nearest Kingdom border when they have no more jobs to do.
- Large groups of archers will now do a better job at defending the walls.
- Pikemen can now carry 2 coins.
- Plague Island has had a balance pass to adjust it to the fixes and balance changes made in the Conquest update.
- Improved the archer retreat mechanic so they are more reliable about taking up positions in towers deep in the Kingdom.
- Masked trolls are a bit less effective against walls.
- Builders will leave their catapult to repair walls in the mornings.
- Breeders now throw catapult stones back less often.
- Fixed an issue that caused antivirus software to block the game, in some cases causing a fatal error saying “il2cpp failed to load”. The game now has a signed certificate that should prevent this from happening.
- Fixed an issue that caused players with the system language set to Thai or Arabic to experience infinite saving or game freeze at campaign start.
- More towers can now be built on each island, so the “I HAVE THE TOWER!” achievement should be easier to unlock. In order to access the new towers, you must start a new island or game.
- Adjusted the text for the “A journey is better shared” achievement to accurately reflect the unlock conditions.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the game to soft-lock when players paid for the wall horn in co-op.
- Fixed an issue that caused some objects and Greed to fall off the map in a bottomless void, sometimes resulting in neverending blood moons.
- Hermits should no longer jump off your mount at night if the Monarch is heading towards home.
- Fixed a visual bug that caused the shields of workers to flicker if they entered the oil & fire tower.
- Fixed a visual bug that caused the wrong tower model to spawn in Dead Lands.
- Fixed a visual bug that caused the forge to spawn below ground in Shogun.
- Fixed a bug where Norse Lands berserkers would rage continuously instead of attacking.
- Fixed the monarch animation when riding the Sleipnir mount.
- Additional minor bug fixes and tweaks.
Also known as the Conquest Update, the patch 1.1.13 (R16130) wason 16 November 2021.
- The Norse Lands setting/campaign
- Citizen house, a structure built from the ruins of a vagrant camp, allowing for the recruitment of citizens.
Unit behavior changes
- Units will no longer attack portals unless ordered to do so.
- The Merchant will now payout at any time of day, but only accept payment to leave the Kingdom if it is safe.
- The Banker will now payout multiple times a day, so long as the player needs coins and the banker has coins.
- Archers will now only occupy the towers close to the border of your Kingdom or outside of your Kingdom. Additionally, they will no longer leave the safety of the Kingdom at night to try and enter towers.
- Speaking of Archers in towers: they now shoot further than archers on the ground, and they will hunt from the tower during the day.
- Up to eight Pikemen can now defend each border of your Kingdom.
- Vagrants will now turn into Peasants as soon as they finish eating bread. Rulers can still intercept them with coins to save on bread bills.
- Armored Greedlings are now stronger and tougher to defeat.
- Breeders now arrive on time with the rest of the wave, and retreat at dawn instead of dying.
Blood Moon & Retaliation wave changes
- Fixed an issue where Blood Moons would clear incorrectly, leaving your Kingdom vulnerable and without defenses at the end of the wave.
- Blood Moons and recovery days are now consistent throughout the game, getting more frequent the longer the game lasts. We also added a minor Blood Moon at the end of the first spring, so you’ll get used to it sooner.
- Daybreak will no longer end the onslaught from Blood Moons and Retaliation waves. Your Kingdom won’t be safe until every Greed has been defeated!
- Fixed lack of cooldown days after Blood Moons in the Dead Lands biome.
- Retaliation waves are not as punishing as fast, to allow Rulers more portal destruction action before being accidentally overwhelmed.
- Portal defense waves grow smoothly over time and become more difficult sooner. You'll need Knights to take portals in the late game because your Squires will die. That’s a promise!
General improvements and bugfixes
- Ballista towers and catapults are now far more accurate and deadly.
- The Warhorse ability now triggers on your command and will not happen automatically when you sprint.
- We know you like to recruit a whole lot of archers and call it a day to feel safe and cozy within your Kingdom walls. Well, our designer Alan wants you to diversify your strategy with more types of units and towers. Your archer army may no longer stand up to the challenge!
- Decay should be more understandable and less punishing for heirs and returning rulers. Dropped gems no longer decay at all.
- Fixed an issue with challenge island data. Achieving the cursed crown in all challenges will once again result in your ruler wearing the cursed crown in the campaign.
- Implemented support for wide and ultrawide screen resolutions.
- Fixed an issue with Korean translation.
The Norse Lands demo waswith this patch on 21 October 2021.
The patch 1.1.11 (R12908) wason 25 May 2021 for all platforms.
- Fixed an issue that caused the game to freeze on a black loading screen.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the player from controlling their ruler on Challenge Islands.
- Fixed an issue in the campaign that prevented some players from selecting islands when sailing away.
- Fixed an issue that caused the island underbrush to move in front of other game layers.
- Encouraged the samurai to start picking up coins again.
- Had a serious talk with the ninjas, who will no longer attack portals in their free time.
- Improved controller detection.
- General bug fixes.
Beta patch 1.1.10 on 18 May 2021.
All changes were published on the main branch (listed above).
The patch 1.1.10 (R12864) wason 4 May 2021 for all platforms.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from buying squires and ronin when playing on an older save file.
- Fixed an issue that caused developed islands to reset completely upon the player’s return.
- 1.1.10 B
Also known as the Never Alone update, 1.1.9 (R12850) wason 20 April 2021 for all platforms.
- Challenge Islands co-op mode: Kingdom Two Crowns now lets you tackle all Challenge Islands together with a friend via local or online multiplayer. And speaking of Challenge Islands…
- New Challenge Island - Trade Routes: Take on a new challenge set on two sister islands once connected by a great bridge that has now been severed. Your mission is to help restore both islands to their former glory and defeat the Greed.
- Winter update: We know that cold winters are sometimes slow and hard to endure, so we’ve made them a little more interesting for you. You will now find more deer and berry bushes when winter comes, and the farmers are more ready than ever to help keep your snow-covered kingdom afloat.
- Increased island diversity: Your kingdom just grew larger. You will find more variety in bridges and clearings and you might even get lost in the deep, dark forests of Kingdom.
Unit and mount improvements
- The Knight Statue has been redesigned. Knights will no longer jump to their deaths - instead, knights and squires (and samurai and ronin) now gain faster attacks and can carry more coins when the Knight Statue is activated.
- Sent the shinobi back to the dojo for some extra training. They will now fight better, smarter and harder.
- Had a talk with the pikemen about their timing. They will now arrive at the outer walls in time to fight the Greed.
- The dog will now take shelter behind the ruler when the greed are nearby.
- Workers will now properly go back to work on jobs they abandoned after a Greed attack.
- The war horse has improved stamina and speed.
- Improved the weather states in all biomes.
- The Ruler Shrine in Dead Lands now always appears close to the campfire - and we’ve also added a new visual effect when changing rulers.
- Added new audio cues to signal the start of a new day.
- Several bug fixes and performance improvements.
- Bug fixes and improvements for multiplayer.
- Catapults and portals are now correctly synced for both players.
Extra notes (added by wiki editors)
- Villagers have been changed to run to the kingdom, so that if they are recruited very far away they have a better chance to get home before a greed attack.—dev Alan Kertz on .
No information disclosed about the patch 1.1.8 (R11610).
The patch 1.1.7 (R11599) rolled out on most platforms on 14 January 2021; the notes beingthe day after.
- The Queen and King from Kingdom: New Lands are now available as rulers in the medieval setting
- The dog now remains loyal to the ruler that released it in co-op. Good doggo!
- Fixed a multiplayer bug that could cause background forest to remain even after cutting down trees
- Fixed a bug where the catapult would face the wrong direction in multiplayer.
- Iron walls will no longer turn into stone after being punched by a breeder
- Kingdom account will now remember if you declined to log in, and won't ask again.
- When using cross-platform saves, the game now checks to make sure you are playing on a compatible version. So make sure to keep your game updated!
- Some minor fixes to cross-platform save synchronizing
- Performance improvements.
- Fixed a bug where dropping coins would send them to payable coin slots
- Players can now play online multiplayer across all regions
No information disclosed about the patch 1.1.6 (R11390).
Also known as the Continue Anywhere update, 1.1.5 (R11272) wason 3 November, 2020, for all platforms.
- Cross-saves were introduced. Kingdom Two Crowns supports continuing save on any other device or platform on which the player owns the game.
- Improved multiplayer.
- Performance improvements on all platforms.
- Fixed a multiplayer bug where the joining ruler could lose their coins and gems while sailing away.
- Crowns being lost in multiplayer are now reflected properly for both players.
- No more infinite or invisible coins in multiplayer. Ka-ching!
- The pikes wielded by pikemen are breakable also on multiplayer.
- Pikemen won't stab the ground anymore when fishing.
- Fixed issue where vagrants sometimes wouldn't pick up coins.
- Workers are a little bit smarter and better at escaping the greed during the night.
- The lizard has acclimatized and is now able to sunbathe in Dead Lands.
- Coins pooped by the unicorn no longer act weird in multiplayer.
The following change was added by the wiki editors:
- A forth crown milestone called "Cursed" was introduced to each of the current three Challenge Islands.
Hotfix update 1.1.3 (R10219) was beta 1.1.2, and adds a couple others (these marked with a letter N).on May 12, 2020, for all platforms. It brings to the main branch the changes from the
- Gamigin speed improved. N
- Fixed an issue with Gebel's bat transformation sometimes being cut short.
- The sound effect when upgrading the castle in Dead Lands is a lot spookier now.
- Large greed will no longer make any surprise visits during the daytime on Plague Island.
- Plague Island citizens taken by the greed plague now behave as intended in the Shogun setting.
- Getting a low battery notification during gameplay on iOS won’t cause controls to go wonky anymore. N
- On mobile, you are no longer forced to toss a coin for your pause menu. N
- Shopkeepers were looking a little pale. They feel much better now.
- Fixed an issue where Miriam's whip could turn flying greed invisible.
- Have you ever felt like your world is shrouded in darkness after destroying a greed portal?
Yeah, that might have been a bug. Praise the sun (that now rises once again)!
- Pikemen would sometimes flicker out of existence while fishing.
This was extremely painful for them, so we fixed it.
- Coin slot visibility has been increased in split-screen mode.
- Fixed issue where restarting a local co-op game could result in an infinite loading screen. N
- First player in co-op is no longer able to trigger the white explosion screen prematurely if positioned too close to the cave opening when the bomb fuse is lit.
- Disabling "Allow online joining" no longer causes the game to get stuck loading.
- Sometimes players would have different weather effects in online co-op, this has been fixed.
1.1.2 - R10213
1.1.2 - R10007
No information disclosed.
1.1.0 - R9972
Also known as the Dead Lands update, 1.1.0 (R9972) was released on April 28, 2020.
This date is also the release date for the title on mobile (iOS and Android).
Devs have shared a good amount of information about the new DLC, which are all gathered on its own article. Other than that, there has been no patch notes disclosed, although some changes not related to Dead Lands have been applied to the game. The following list then has been written by the community:
- Dead Lands campaign.
- Added button for coop in the main menu.
- Campaign map with more stats such as day count, unlockables, portals and gems.
- New Shogun campaign logo at the start screen.
- Doing nothing at the start screen no longer starts the game, pressing ↓ down is required.
- The "Kingdom Dead Lands" logo replaces the european logo on top of credits list.
18.104.22.168 - R7744
Maintenance update 22.214.171.124 (R7744) wason December 9, 2019, for the following platforms:
Switch will follow later, please stay tuned and check back here to see when it’s deployed on Switch.
- Fixed issue with save files becoming corrupt after updating to Challenge Islands Update.
- Solved several crashes that occurred in online multiplayer. Turns out the Pikemen were cursed.
- Took care of issues related to masked Greed and the Crown Stealer that sometimes resulted in crashes.
- No longer getting indefinitely stuck on the boat while waiting for hermits. They’re slow, but not that slow.
- A bunch of general fixes to improve stability.
Hotfix patch 126.96.36.199 (R7724) wason September 12, 2019, for the platforms:
|PC (Windows, Mac, Linux)||Xbox One||PlayStation 4|
- Solved several crashes
- Balancing of the Plague Island difficulty level to make it achievable.
- No longer becoming indefinitely stuck after dying in the cave.
- Corrected the issue where invisible wall sometimes occurred after it was destroyed by greed.
- Bomb no longer becoming stuck after purchased.
- Fix for map becoming stuck open when opening it whilst on island 5.
- Boar spawn should no longer disappear unexpectedly.
- Also fix for boar repeatedly spawning after initial spawn.
Nintendo Switch L & R buttons now mapped to pay action.
The PlayStation 4 version of Kingdom Two Crowns also got the Challenge Islands update (below) which includes all changes listed above.
Also known as the Challenge Islands update, 1.0.4 (R7693) wason August 29, 2019.
- Three optional harder islands enhaced with specific challenges for single player:
- Not yet available for PS4.
- Two achievements: "A New Heir" and "Cracked the Skull".
In order to experience changes below you will need to start a new campaign.
Balance/Quality of Life
- On controllers, shoulder buttons now perform coin action which makes the game possible to play with one hand.
- Dog AI changes that will make the dog stick closer to the player, introduce a couple of new behaviors to help the player and improvements to make the dogs purpose clearer to the player.
- Improved color options for Blazon editor.
Lots of improvements have been done. Major highlights below:
- Catapults should now behave better in general
- No more archers running in the air upon return to an island.
- Ghost tutorial is now less intrusive/forcing and other general fixes and improvements
- Fixed issue where grass didn't properly grew back after winter.
- Fixed issue where the scope sometimes stays on screen forever if user invokes split-screen while scope is active.
- Fixed issue where the Hermits sometimes lost the ability to walk after building an upgrade.
- Fixed texture color on Griffin eating bits.
- Fixed issue where Player was unable to change appearance of ruler after losing crown.
Beta patch 1.0.4 (R6761)on 9 April 2019 and was optional for users on the platform for almost five months before going live with the Challenge Islands update.
- Dock Greed is less passive
- Expanded tutorial
- Blazon editor, inclusive for consoles ( on July 15, 2019)
- Shogun Blazon
- Denser feeling forest
- New save slot art
- Foliage not correctly aligned in shogun biome.
- In local coop foliage layer for player one shows for player two.
- Hints only in English (Loc for all other languages will be added)
- Emblem buttons still activated in blazon editor when playing in shogun biome.
- Potential fix for players experiencing broken save issues.
- Fix for boat getting stuck due to greed snatching hermit(s) right before the player sails away with the boat.
Patch 1.0.3 (r6673), also known as the Winter Update, wasfor all platforms on 4 April, 2019.
A beta version wason the beta channel on 29 March, 2019.
In order to experience changes you will need to start a new campaign.
- Added hunting during winter, not all animals hibernate.
- Winter is tough, time to forage for survival.
- Added a day time hobby for the shinobi.
- Added a way to lighten your purse and store the gems in a stone chest.
- Added a shady character who can take the gems off your hands, if you manage to find it.
- Added brazilian portuguese on the language options.
(Adicionado o português brasileiro nas opções de idioma.)
- Forge now spawns correctly.
- Added failsafe for rogue hermits which would cause it to become impossible to travel away from islands as the game was waiting for a hermit who never spawned to board the boat.
- Improved Russian language option.
- Fixed several Client purchasing sync issues (squires, forge and bomb).
- Fixed several sync issues around island transitions.
- Fixed a few Multiplayer sound issues.
- Added save data compression. This should prevent the save data to become too large which was the cause of the save issues.
- Improved appearance of shops on the edge of your kingdom walls as you expand.
- Fixed a number of graphical biome issues.
- Fixed an issue with the horn hermit tower in online sessions.
1.0.2 - R6338
Hotfix patch r6338 wason 4 February, 2019.
Version r6236 was on the beta channel and is mostly included in r6338.
- Fixed issues with achievements:
- “There is No Greater Ruler Than Thou”
- “Their Saviour” and
- “Never Gives Up”.
- Fixed an instance where the game could not save the progress properly thereby displaying an error prompt. Issue should now be fixed, and error prompt should no longer be displayed.
- Fixed an issue where the host player could get a soft lock when toggling “Joinable state” to off while a client player was connecting.
- Fixed so player no longer can get stuck in opening point of game if enabling online joining if there is no internet connection.
- “Beggars” should now spawn properly even in long sessions.
- Workers and archers should now perform assigned tasks properly even in long sessions.
- Hermits will now properly board the boat if they are purchased just before the monarch boards the boat.
- Forge now spawns as designed.
- Crown status in multiplayer sessions will now persists across islands.
- Tools such as the scythes should no longer bounce around for client players.
- Fix for Shogun Kirin mount turning into unicorn mount when switching islands.
- Client player should no longer get stuck in loading screen if accepting an invite from a host player in the tutorial.
- Thickets should now spawn properly.
- Fixed so that in-game music does not play over credits music when viewing credits.(NEW)
- Lowered the coin price of the ninja.
- Doubled the amount of hits the ninja can take.
- Doubled the amount of attacks pikemen can do.
- Adjusted speed of crown stealer so that they now stay with the pack of greed instead of running ahead.
- Added wharf bell to the boat docks which allows the player to manually call citizens to the boat.
- Removing the feature that citizens are called to the boat as soon as it’s put in the water.
- Changed the notification of the crown stealer spawn.
No information disclosed.
Hotfix patch 1.0.1 wason 19 December, 2018 for PC only.
- Fixed an issue where an infinite loading screen could occur if the connection failed when attempting to join a Steam friend
- Fixed an issue involving the stables and multiplayer games (aka Steed Save Corruption) - this will also patch affected save data, so you shouldn't need to restart your campaign
- Added a fix for corrupted, almost empty save data, that was sometimes caused by having a connection attempt fail with very particular timing
- Fixed an issue that caused pikemen to fish double money when in an online game
- Fixed an issue that caused the bow and hammer shops to be unusable by the client, if they joined after the scythe shop had been placed
- Fixed where hermits would wander outside of the kingdom, searching for a place to stand, to their eventual demise
- Fixed that workers would also wander outside of the walls during greed attacks
- Fixed an unlock requirement for the 'There is No Greater Ruler Than Thou' achievement
- Fixed an issue where swapping steeds spawned by the Stables repeatedly in an online game could cause ridden steeds to move independently
- Fixed an issue with having hermits as passengers when a remote client pays to embark on the boat
- Buffed the ninja, and reduced the hire cost
- Reduced a few steeds' ride costs (Bear, Stamina Horse, Unicorn/Kirin, Lizard and Warhorse)
- Added a way for players to manually dismount their hermit passengers (flip back and forth rapidly to expel unwanted hermits)
- Updated the credits