This is a list of patch notes for Kingdom: Classic.
On August 9th, 2016, Kingdom: New Lands was released, and the original game was renamed Kingdom: Classic. Update numbering was reset to New Lands v1.0.0, and all future updates to Classic ceased on that date.
1.2.0 (R290) is the last and definitive update to Kingdom: Classic.to 22 March 2016, it was on 11 April 2016.
- All characters can now run. They will run if they need to get to a job, or run away if they are threatened by enemies.
- The AI has had a complete overhaul, it should process much faster and with less glitches. This means game runs significantly smoother under most conditions, even late in the game when many enemies show up.
- New menu with more options: change sound / music volume separately. Allow change zoom level if available.
- Collision resolution has been improved to decrease lag with many coins.
- Saving (by quitting the game) is possible at night and in combat.
- Borders aren't moved while a wall is under construction. This means archers will stay in position while walls are upgraded.
- Knights will retreat to an intact wall if the outer wall takes too much damage.
- Knight attack procedure makes them more consistent.
- Overhaul for the boss monster.
- Many, many fixes for bugs from the forums.
- New (faster) horses.
Changes (From beta RC1:)
- Enemy boulders damage maximum of 5 citizens.
- Make archers always run when redistributing.
- Portals stay closed longer before spawning.
- Workers won't work on things too close to a spawner.
- Deer are no longer scared of unarmed citizens.
- Final wave no longer increases in difficulty before day 100, and is no longer easier before day 30.
- Adjusted enemies to be a bit more threatening for earlier (day 20 and earlier) Blood Moons.
- Reduced fliers in several waves and delayed their introduction to a later Blood Moon Event.
- Only during the first Blood Moon when players encounter the breeder is it alone.
- Slight tweaks to portal collapse waves.
- (From beta RC1:)
- Prevent load crash with incomplete teleporter
- Prevent paying twice for border banner knight charge
- Limit troll speed depending on wave, preventing them from arriving early
- Fix shops disappearing after save/load during construction
- Fix castle being under construction after load
- Fix knights not immediately showing up in right color after load
- Fix duplicate shield save/load exploit
- Fix archers going to the wrong side after losing tool/reviving
- Prevent "resume after winning" exploit
- Make hidden outer portals invulnerable
- Fix fog not disappearing
- Fix visuals getting stuck after saving+loading in forest.
- (From beta v4:)
- Realigned menu graphics (day counter/coat of arms)
- Fix archers going to inactive tower on load
- Hook up some statistics
- Fix blinking objects (e.g. bow on purchase) turning black
- Clearing now grows grass properly
- Fix correctly saving coat of arms emblem
- Preserve blender (weather) state when saving/loading
- Fix 1.2 Loading Crash and "Double Horse"
- Tweak linear-> Decibel conversion for volume options
- Fix dead monsters reanimating and invulnerable on load
- Fix cliffs disappearing after save
- Fix trolls blocked at level edge
- Fix arrow/controller navigation in options.
- (From beta v5:)
- Fix multiple sound instances when citizens pay taxes
- Fix positioning of border banner so it doesn't overlap other payables
- Allow 4 archers per knight
- Fix knights not retreating from an almost broken wall
- Improve archer targeting with multiple targets.
To access the previous version of KINGDOM (v1.1.0), find Kingdom in your Steam library, right-click and select "Properties". From there find the BETAS tab. Once in the BETAS tab select "v1.1.0" in the opt in dropdown list. To go back to the new build (v1.2.0), repeat these steps and select "NONE - opt out of all betas" from the same drop down list on the BETAS tab. Also, all saves will remain for the previous version (v1.1.0) and for the new-current version (v1.2.0). FYI - there is no code required to switch between these.
1.2.0 B RC1
1.2.0 B v5
1.2.0 B v4
The update 1.1.0 wason 21 December 2015.
- Changes to the portals. This is a significant change and that’s all we’re saying for now.
- Unassigned citizens will notice dropped equipment outside the main area of your Kingdom.
- Sound from a destroyed portal can now be heard anywhere on the map.
- Fixed crash caused by vagrants in the late game.
- Fixed vagrant camp selection issue.
- Fixed Steam overlay menu bug
- Trading cards
- Updated French
- Updated Danish
The hotpatch 1.0.5 wason 24 November 2015.
- Fixed most (hopefully all) CTDs introduced with v1.0.4
- Fixed fired catapult boulders from blocking the catapult to move forward
- Fixed arrows from moving the catapult
- Fixed achievements from not registering.
The update 1.0.4 wason 22 November 2015. This update is focused on bugs and the catapult.
- Fixed vagrant camp exploit
- Fixed infinite tools from merchants
- Fixed flying monster getting stuck
- Fixed gold bag collider and coin freezing
- Fixed Day 10 achievement not registering when portal defeated earlier than day 10
- Reduced load times
- Auto set language to OS
- Saves are now by version, so each update will start a new game the first time running.
The update 1.0.3 wason 8 November 2015.
- Loading into black screen: game wouldn't properly load save resulting in a black screen for the player after the horse running load screen.
- Invisible bolder: fixed issue where sometimes the boulder thrown by the big greed monster wasn't rendered.
- Double tower: fixed issue where towers could stack on each other causing multiple towers in one spot.
- Invisible walls: fixed tutorial invisible walls from remaining after loading from a save.
- Two tools for one: fixed issue where a tool could be picked up by two citizens at the same time.
- Winning in 25 Days achievement: fixed issue where winning on day 25 or less didn't unlock easier achievements.
- Sound volume saving: fixed issue where changes to the sound volume didn't save from a previous session.
- Turned off friendly fire for catapult. It was amusing but too often perceived as a little unfair or a bug.
The first official update, 1.0.1, wason 25 October 2015. This contains a hotfix, gameplay balance tweaks, and repairs a small number of issues. These are listed below.
- Fix a bug that could cause the game to get stuck in the loading screen under certain circumstances.
- Fixed a bug where items stolen from a shop would still count towards its maximum stock.
- Brazilian Portuguese added to the language selector.
- Portal defense waves: reduced rapid increase after day 24.
- Portals: doubled HP
- Cost for knights to attack portals increased from one coin to six coins.
- Changes to horse endurance
- Increased run speed
- Tiny reduction to walk speed
- Increased well feed duration
- Small increase to tired duration
- Increased reserve stamina gain
- Shortened standing stamina regen
- Added 4 achievements
- Added FLAC version of the OST
- Menu now shows current day
- Four new crest. Lion, Owl, Wolf, and Swan
- Halloween surprise
Kingdom, the first game in the Kingdom series, was on Steam 21st October 2015 for Windows, Mac and Linux.