- This is an arquived version of the article as is was found by the release date of the game.
Price and Release DateEdit
Two Crowns will be released for XBOX, Playstation, Steam, and more (mobile not confirmed) on December, 11, 2018, for no definitive price point yet.  The project was originally intended to be just an expansion of Kingdom: New Lands and had been announced to be released in 2017, but it has since grown into a full standalone game and the release date has been postponed.  There will also be a free DLC included with the game for Shogun, with an entirely new map, greed, mounts, and more. 
The confirmed release time and date for PC and Mac on steam is 12:00 pm (Eastern Standard Time) December 11th, 2018.
This is the official trailer for the game, which advertises its' play-ability through the Nintendo Switch Gaming Console, showing both a King and Queen exploring, building, and defending their Kingdom from the incoming Greed. During this trailer, it shows many of the current Kingdom features such as military units (archers and knights), passive animals and units (rabbits, deer, builders, banker, etc.) and various mounts all doing their part for the Kingdom through hunting and fighting. At the end, it shows both parties meeting together in the middle as their Kingdom collapses to the power of the invading Greed.
New features are confirmed for being included in the game, such as a new win scenario, an additional tech level, a new citizen role, local split-screen co-op that allows a second player to drop in and out of any game, a new soundtrack, completely overhauled visuals, and new skins for rulers.
In March 2018 some more details were revealed , now with screenshots:
The "Pikeman" we're added to solve The Greed bunching up the walls.
You will be able to customize your Character.
The "Fire Catapult" upgrade possibly for the "Iron Age".
New station for the "Iron Age".
Comprehensive List of New Features in twocrowns Kingdom: Two CrownsEdit
- Cooperative split-screen gameplay. A second player may join the game. 
- Players whose crown has been taken can be crafted a new crown for 8 coins. 
- New ruler skins: The differences will be purely cosmetic to give players more choice to reflect their personality, especially since you can play together online. 
- The small divider between the two screens in splitscreen will change depending on the technology era of your kingdom.
- Campaign mode: The game will move away from being rogue-like, and it will have a proper campaign to save the kingdom from the Greed. Losing the crown won't reset progress entirely: The monarch would start a new reign in the same kingdom if on island one, or from the previous island's kingdom if on any other island, with the kingdom somewhat in ruin due to a "decay period" of approximately 100 days. 
- It will still maintain rogue-like, Classic-style and New Land-style experiences separate from the campaign mode. These will have special rules as well, i.e. no statues, classic mode, etc. 
- A real seasons cycle: Winter will no longer be endless, and the seasons will repeat. 
- A way to preserve your boat during transfer between islands through destroying some sort of 'Greed overgrowth' and building a lighthouse. 
- The dock will be given a portal. 
- A Greed Mini-boss will be added. Beating him will result in the dock being freed from the portal. 
- A biome system: The game will be expanded with post-release updates that will venture to exotic biomes across the world, each with unique styles and features. 
- Two first biomes will be included in the game for the release: the classic medieval one (with new graphics) and another one inspired by the landscape, architecture, and culture of feudal Japan. 
- The Iron Age: The Wood Age and Stone Age will be defined technology stages in a kingdom's development.
- The town center, walls, towers and farms will all have new upgrade tiers.
- The stone monument has now been changed to a mine/quarry. 
- Fire will be added as a new defense element, used by catapults and dragons!
- A way to fully defeat the Greed involving using a bomb.
- New subjects: the Pikemen who will attack the Greed through the wall, and the ninjas who will be able to hide in the forest and ambush them. 
- Ninjas will be specific units to the Shogun biome, while the pikemen will be unique to the classical one. 
- Gems: A new currency used only on unlockables (e.g. Shrines, Hermits, Mounts, etc). 
- There is now a specific gem chest that gives 3 gems, which is found like a regular chest. 
- New mounts, including a dragon which might possibly breath fire, and a gryphon who might be able to fly distances but has been confirmed to be able to knock back Greed with 'wind'. These are currently experimental. 
- New hermits : one who can turn a fully upgraded farm into a Stable, letting you store multiple mounts between islands, and another one able to add a horn on a fully upgraded wall which (when given a coin) summon every fighting units there. 
After the brief demo at this event, the first and most obvious benefit to co-op is that twice as much territory can be explored in a day if one person goes left and the other heads to the right. Coinage can also be shared, so if one player is short on building a guard tower or wall, it’s easy to throw some change their way. Another big bonus is that if one player has their crown stolen the game doesn’t end. The crownless player can’t build anything, but they can still gather gold coins and hand them off to the remaining ruler. A new crown may be crafted, and the other player may fully rejoin the game.
- Since we're two players, if the Greed take my crown, for example, then you could come and help me by crafting a new crown for me, but while I'm crownless I can't really do anything; I can just collect money and give it to you, basically. So we need to stick together in that regard. -- Liam O'Neill
For another gameplay video, see "Kingdom: Two Crowns - Gameplay Demo & Interview" on Gamereactor.eu for Raw Fury's Liam O'Neill and Naseer Alkhouri's perspectives on the game. Note: This video, although released 16 May 2018, is a demo-build of the game with older assets. It will be "an entirely new game." 
Keeping up to dateEdit
Other than this page, you can also find fresh news about this game:
- visiting the Steam forum
- subscribing to the Reddit sub
- checking the Kingdom official webpage
- and directly asking dev Gordon Van Dyke on his Twitter.
- ↑ At the bottom of the Kingdom: Two Crowns section of the page, the devices, Kingdom: Two Lands will be released on is shown. http://web.archive.org/web/20180930082207/http://www.kingdomthegame.com/
- ↑ “...We’re targeting later this year” said developer Gordon Van Dyke, on Twitter. Posted 26 Apr 2018.
- ↑ “...It won’t be coming out this year like we had originally intended. (...) The vision grew larger than our original scope, to the point that this is no longer just an expansion that adds new content but rather a full-fledged new title.” announced Raw Fury on Steam News. Posted 30 August 2017.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 The game page on the official website.
- ↑ "Speaking of new things, when we unveiled Two Crowns we didn’t give a ton of info about the game itself, but now we’re ready so here we go!" announced Raw Fury on Steam News. Posted 30 August 2017.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 "Ask me and Thomas anything (too old to use acronyms) about Kingdom Two Crowns or Kingdom in general! @kingdomgame_ @rawfury @noionl P.S. I didn’t tell Thomas I@was about to do this. 😂" said developer Gordon Van Dyke, on Twitter. Posted 17 April 2018. More content posts: , , , , , and .
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 7.4 7.5 7.6 The "Kingdom Two Crowns - Q&A Livestream" report on Reddit.
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 8.3 8.4 Liam O'Neill & Naseer Alkhouri, in Kingdom: Two Crowns - Gameplay Demo & Interview, Gamereactor.eu. Posted 16 May 2018.
- ↑ "Even though we've moved away from rogue-like for the bigger SP experience we'll still have new single land experiences that are roguelike and separate from the campaign mode. These will have special rules as well i.e. no statues, classic mode, etc..." said developer Gordon Van Dyke on Twitter. Posted 20 April 2018.
- ↑ "go to the dock they said, it’s safe there they said! NO!!!...". https://twitter.com/GordonVanDyke/status/1038112588834516996
- ↑ "You need to defeat this Greed Mini-boss to free the dock...". https://twitter.com/GordonVanDyke/status/1046272083095945216
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 Gordon van Dyke's interview with Game Reactor.
- ↑ “We're going to be at GDC next week in San Francisco! We're showing off (...) Kingdom: Two Crowns. Yes Kingdom fans, we're finally going to share some new details!” said Raw Fury, on Twitter. Posted 14 April 2018.
- ↑ "GDC 2018: Kingdom: Two Crowns Hands-On: Heir To The Throne" by Blake Morse, on Shacknews. Posted 28 March 2018. Description endorsed by Raw Fury the next day on Twitter.