| Game not yet released
This article is about a not officially released content. For this reason all info displayed here should come strictly from official channels (developer blogs, tweets, news updates, etc.) All new information ought to be cited. If this isn't possible, include the template
twocrowns Kingdom: Two Crowns is the third installment in the Kingdom series and will be available for PC, Nintendo Switch, PS4, Xbox One, and mobile. 
Price and Release DateEdit
Two Crowns will be released for XBOX, Playstation, Steam, and more (mobile not confirmed) on December, 11, 2018, for no definitive price point yet.  The project was originally intended to be just an expansion of Kingdom: New Lands and had been announced to be released in 2017, but it has since grown into a full standalone game and the release date has been postponed.  There will also be a free DLC included with the game for Shogun, with an entirely new map, greed, mounts, and more.
This is the official trailer for the game, which advertises its' play-ability through the Nintendo Switch Gaming Console, showing both a King and Queen exploring, building, and defending their Kingdom from the incoming Greed. During this trailer, it shows many of the current Kingdom features such as military units (archers and knights), passive animals and units (rabbits, deer, builders, banker, etc.) and various mounts all doing their part for the Kingdom through hunting and fighting. At the end, it shows both parties meeting together in the middle as their Kingdom collapses to the power of the invading Greed.
New features are confirmed for being included in the game, such as a new win scenario, an additional tech level, a new citizen role, local split-screen co-op that allows a second player to drop in and out of any game, a new soundtrack, completely overhauled visuals, and new skins for rulers.
In March 2018 some more details were revealed, now with screenshots:
The "Pikeman" we're added to solve The Greed bunching up the walls.
You will be able to customize your Character.
The "Fire Catapult" upgrade possibly for the "Iron Age"
New station for the "Iron Age."
Comprehensive List of New Features in twocrowns Kingdom: Two CrownsEdit
- Cooperative split-screen gameplay. A second player may join the game.
- Campaign mode: The game will move away from being rogue-like, and it will have a proper campaign to save the kingdom from the Greed. Losing the crown won't reset progress entirely: The monarch would start a new reign in the same kingdom if on island one, or from the previous island's kingdom if on any other island, with the kingdom somewhat in ruin due to a "decay period" of approximately 100 days. 
- It will still maintain rogue-like, Classic-style and New Land-style experiences separate from the campaign mode. These will have special rules as well, i.e. no statues, classic mode, etc. 
- Fire will be added as a new defense element, used by catapults!
- New ruler skins: The differences will be purely cosmetic to give players more choice to reflect their personality, especially since you can play together online. 
- New subject: Pikemen will be added to solve the problem of Greed bunching up at the wall. 
- The Iron Age: The Wood Age and Stone Age will be defined technology stages in a kingdom's development.
- New mounts, including a large lizard, which might possibly spit acid, and a gryphon who might be able to fly distances but has been confirmed to be able to knock back Greed with 'wind'. These are currently experimental. 
- A seasons cycle: Winter will no longer be endless, and the seasons will repeat.
- Gems: A new currency used only on unlockables (e.g. Shrines, Hermits, etc.)
- A way to preserve your boat during transfer between islands through destroying some sort of 'Greed overgrowth' and building a lighthouse.
- A way to fully defeat the Greed involving using a bomb.
- A new hermit who can upgrade a Level 2 farm to a Stable, letting you store multiple mounts between islands.
- The small divider between the two screens in splitscreen will change depending on the technology era of your kingdom.
- Players whose crown has been taken can be crafted a new crown for 8 coins.
- The dock will be given a portal. 
- A Greed Mini-boss will be added. Beating him will result in the dock being freed from the portal. 
After the brief demo at this event, the first and most obvious benefit to co-op is that twice as much territory can be explored in a day if one person goes left and the other heads to the right. Coinage can also be shared, so if one player is short on building a guard tower or wall, it’s easy to throw some change their way. Another big bonus is that if one player has their crown stolen the game doesn’t end. The crownless player can’t build anything, but they can still gather gold coins and hand them off to the remaining ruler. A new crown may be crafted, and the other player may fully rejoin the game.
- Since we're two players, if the Greed take my crown, for example, then you could come and help me by crafting a new crown for me, but while I'm crownless I can't really do anything; I can just collect money and give it to you, basically. So we need to stick together in that regard. -- Liam O'Neill
For another gameplay video, see "Kingdom: Two Crowns - Gameplay Demo & Interview" on Gamereactor.eu for Raw Fury's Liam O'Neill and Naseer Alkhouri's perspectives on the game. Note: This video, although released 16 May 2018, is a demo-build of the game with older assets. It will be "an entirely new game." 
Keeping up to dateEdit
Other than this page, you can also find fresh news about this game:
- visiting the Steam forum
- subscribing to the Reddit sub
- checking the Kingdom official webpage
- and directly asking dev Gordon Van Dyke on his Twitter.
- ↑ At the bottom of the Kingdom: Two Crowns section of the page, the devices, Kingdom: Two Lands will be released on is shown. http://web.archive.org/web/20180930082207/http://www.kingdomthegame.com/
- ↑ “...We’re targeting later this year” said developer Gordon Van Dyke, on Twitter. Posted 26 Apr 2018.
- ↑ “...It won’t be coming out this year like we had originally intended. (...) The vision grew larger than our original scope, to the point that this is no longer just an expansion that adds new content but rather a full-fledged new title.” announced Raw Fury on Steam News. Posted 30 August 2017.
- ↑ "Speaking of new things, when we unveiled Two Crowns we didn’t give a ton of info about the game itself, but now we’re ready so here we go!" announced Raw Fury on Steam News. Posted 30 August 2017.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 "Ask me and Thomas anything (too old to use acronyms) about Kingdom Two Crowns or Kingdom in general! @kingdomgame_ @rawfury @noionl P.S. I didn’t tell Thomas I@was about to do this. 😂" said developer Gordon Van Dyke, on Twitter. Posted 17 April 2018. More content posts: , , , , , and .
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 6.4 Liam O'Neill & Naseer Alkhouri, in Kingdom: Two Crowns - Gameplay Demo & Interview, Gamereactor.eu. Posted 16 May 2018.
- ↑ "Even though we've moved away from rogue-like for the bigger SP experience we'll still have new single land experiences that are roguelike and separate from the campaign mode. These will have special rules as well i.e. no statues, classic mode, etc..." said developer Gordon Van Dyke on Twitter. Posted 20 April 2018.
- ↑ "go to the dock they said, it’s safe there they said! NO!!!...". https://twitter.com/GordonVanDyke/status/1038112588834516996
- ↑ "You need to defeat this Greed Mini-boss to free the dock...". https://twitter.com/GordonVanDyke/status/1046272083095945216
- ↑ “We're going to be at GDC next week in San Francisco! We're showing off (...) Kingdom: Two Crowns. Yes Kingdom fans, we're finally going to share some new details!” said Raw Fury, on Twitter. Posted 14 April 2018.
- ↑ "GDC 2018: Kingdom: Two Crowns Hands-On: Heir To The Throne" by Blake Morse, on Shacknews. Posted 28 March 2018. Description endorsed by Raw Fury the next day on Twitter.
|Kingdom Wiki Pages|
|Knights||The Financier / Banker||The Merchant||Hermits|
|Siege Workshop & Catapult||The Boat|
|Vagrants (Camps)||Wildlife||Mounts||Architecture Shrine|
|Blazons||Islands||Daycycle & Seasons||Vendors & Tools|
|Coins||Tax Chest||Patch Notes||Achievements|