Horse is the first type of mount available in the Kingdom series, and the only one in Kingdom: Classic. A horse has, according to its type, varied speed and amount of stamina. It grazes normally on plains, and has no special ability.
Standard horse is the starter mount in all campaigns of the Kingdom series. It has average speed and stamina, and no special ability. Regarding its appearance, as shown in the infobox on the right, the starter horse is:
|Classic & New Lands|
|Two Crowns – Europe & Shogun|
| ·grey – 1st player|
·light brown – 2nd player
|Two Crowns – Dead Lands|
| ·undead (black mane & yellow eyes) – 1st player|
·undead (purple mane & red eyes) – 2nd player
In Classic monarchs can find and swap to a faster horse.
In New Lands and Two Crowns this horse can be replaced by a variety of mounts—each one with its unique preset advantages and disadvantages—as soon as they are found and/or unlocked.
A superior horse or wild horse is found on an open field with a fence. It has no special ability and has varied speed and stamina, which are listed below, always compared to the values featured by the starter horse of each game.
|Black horse ||faster||more|
|The black horse can be found deep in the wilderness.|
|Kingdom: New Lands|
|Black horse ||faster||a bit more|
|Dark brown horse ||much faster||about half|
|White horse ||slightly slower||about twice|
|All superior horse variations are unlocked on the second island, after which they may spawn by pairs of two random horses (including the starter) on any given island.|
|Kingdom Two Crowns|
|Draft horse||a bit faster||much more|
|The draft horse is unlocked on the third island. It is sandy with a dark brown mane in Europe and it is dark brown with a sandy mane in Shogun.|
While the black horse was being test in a beta branch, as the first alternative mount in the Kingdom series, the developer Gordon has posted the following poem while replying to a player who was asking for a confirmation if the new horse was indeed faster:
The black horse is no longer available in Kingdom Two Crowns, but developers have honored its legacy by using its image in a rearing position to represent the achievement called "I am an Equestrian" in which the Monarch has to ride four different steeds in a single island.
|◄•••speed, stamina, special abilities, unlocking & switching mounts + comparative tables|
- Also known as default horse, basic horse, starter horse, light brown horse (in Classic and New Lands), grey horse (in Two Crowns), or regular horse ("Horse Regular" in game files).
- "Superior horses" is a generic—and still meaningful—name adopted by the community during the New Lands first years ( and ) to designate alternative horses. The adjective "superior" is generic because in New Lands the standard horse may also be found on the superior horses' habitat. The expression remains relevant if considering that the simple availability of this equine mount group found on plains, puts the Monarch on a "superior" situation if compared to that of only having the starter horse and no choice.
- "Horse Fast" in game files.
- "Horse Burst" in game files.
- "Horse Stamina" in game files.
- Called "stamina steed" by developer Gordon, on 14 September 2018 on first game update. Also known as workhorse, hairy horse, or chunky horse. Invoked in game files as "strong horse" , and "stamina horse" by developers as of the
- On Wild Horse, a poem by Trish Beckwith. , 28 March 2016. The text is an adaptation of