|PC 1st P||L.Shift while standing still|
|N. Switch||ZL or ZR|
|PS4||L2 or R2|
The golem's ability can only be used while not moving. When it is used the golem creates an immobile root barrier similar to a wall that is able to slow down and push back the Greed.
To activate the ability the player needs to stand still facing the desired side and press down the Shift button on the keyboard or RT on the controller. This will cause the golem to be immobile for half a second while a barrier is being summoned.
Max number of roots
Only three barriers can be active at a time. Activating the golem's ability with three barriers already present removes the oldest one and creates a new where the ability was activated.
Using the golem's ability combined with the Alfred's decoy, creates two barriers at once, but without changing their cap number. Activating the ability with a monarch's decoy and with three barriers already on the field, would make the two oldest roots fall immediately, replacing them with the new pair at the new location.
Usage and praxis
The golem's ability to summon root barriers may be useful:
- when arriving to new islands, with no walls at all
- when aggressively expanding beyond huge sections of forest
- to keep a breeder back for a while, preventing it from dealing much damage to the wall
- to give archers an extra time to retreat back to security after a wall has fallen
- to prevent the boar from directly hitting the monarch during the winter
- to block the spawning greedlings when attacking a small portal (see details on ).
|•••speed, stamina, special abilities, unlocking and switching mounts, + comparative tables|
|Bear Beetle Dire wolf Gamigin Golem Griffin Horse Lizard Reindeer Stag Undead horse Unicorn Warhorse|